May 28, 2013

Hair Cuts and Anniversaries (July 2011)

BEFORE


AFTER


So Jaren's hair was getting so long and shaggy and I decided to take it on myself to give him a hair cut. I thought it would be easy to have him strapped in and that the bathtub would be a smart way to do it, so I could just wash him all down afterwards - Ugh, not so - there were chunks of hair everywhere.


As you can see I got a little carried away. I decided to do the whole buzz cut on a #2 which for the record is pretty short. He was practically bald. But still so cute! Seriously look at that handsome face!!! We felt like chemo-baby wouldn't be very PC so we called him our Ghandi baby for about a week.


And because I'm trying to fit a lot it in - here are a few random shots to include during our month of July. This is Jasper, my sister-in-law Mya's dog. He's a cutie and the boys love him (sometimes a little too roughly). But it's nice when extended family have a dog to play with, it's the pets they'll never have. :)


For our 3 year anniversary dinner we went out to this African Buffet. They didn't charge us for Jaren - their loss - apparently they didn't know our little man could eat like a grown one!


Fun with fridge magnet letters- tricky when you only have so many duplicates to work with.


Here's Jaren having fun with our furniture. Not something I've let him do since, hmm, is it less effective to take photos and then tell them not do do something?! We've since repainted this unit black and given it new silver modern handles. It looks awesome. It was pretty ugly like this, but has ended up being a great entertainment unit! After shots coming up of it in a year or so - chronologically speaking. :)


This must have been when we were getting ready to go out to the African restaurant (which by the way was interesting, but I probably wouldn't want to go back again to. If only they had served better naan-like bread. There's was goey and acidic almost if I remember right.) Here we all are shoved in Reid's sleep-out storage room. (In our temporary house while we were rebuilding our flood home.)



Also I'll soon be posting our move from this Windsor house back to Ipswich so I'll throw in a few extra pictures of our house pre-move. Below is looking out my front window.



It was a good home for us. I was so grateful to have a place to stay of our own while we waited for our home/lives to be rebuilt. It was lovely being so close to Varian's work and having him home so much more. Our new ward in Bunya Forest was so welcoming and lovely and even though we were only there a short time they befriended and included us. Our good friends Chrissy and Nathaniel owned this duplex and they allowed us to stay there on a month to month basis instead of having a contract. I'm so grateful to them and for this opportunity we had. It was a great blessing to us.

No comments: