August 26, 2013

Jaren's poor skin and more! (Oct '11)


This is just a mini post of a few things in October of 2011 before I begin our giant travel section of the blog. The rest of October and November were filled with traveling adventures! (To be continued...) Before that however, Jaren broke out in this crazy rash and spots.

 

My poor Jaren has had such a rough time with his skin, ever since that first staph infection. In the end I think this was another outbreak of staph. I even picked up a little of it this time- a spot on my chest that Reid would scratch when I'd nurse him. It was small and so easily treated but it did burn and irritate me.


Poor little boy who had so much of it! Even as I write this his poor tummy is covered in new bumpy rash spots that for months we haven't been able to get rid of.


The first doctor we took him too was a dork and ignored all of the information I brought him about Jaren's hospital stay and the medicine they used and gave us something else. Luckily after an ineffective week of that we took him to someone else who gave us the right one that the hospital treated him with last time and it cleared up.


The kids on our street used to always play right at the end of my driveway, which freaked me out. I was so paranoid that one day we wouldn't see one and hit them with our car. We're so extra careful when we leave, because that would be one of my worst nightmares. Luckily they seem to have grown out of it. It's still not 100% secure, but much less likely that some sweet kiddo will be hiding behind our car as we leave.


Reid was getting so big and beautiful. What a delightful baby. Here are a couple tummy shots of him.

No comments: