April 22, 2013

June 2011




Here's another month of miscellaneous photos from our happy/random
life and getting settled into having two kids at home. I don't particularly
remember why we had our pans all over our living room floor
(possibly sorting through donations to see if we could match lids/sort sizes.
But Jaren got a kick out of this (who needs expensive toys).
It looks like he's ready to go into the oven.       


Varian likes to rough-it and grow a beard when he's home from work.
He works for the government here and gets a week paternity leave
and then took an extra week off to help me recover from my c-section.
I wanted to get a picture of it before he shaved and just caught him mid-act.



My sweet sister-in-law Felicity came and stayed over night
with us to help on the way to visit her family. Here's her
cuddling Reid.



We had all these sealed juice bottles that Jaren would pull off this
open shelf and I never would stop him because it would entertain
him while I was busy in the kitchen. But one night Varian opened
a bottle of vegetable oil and left it down there with the rest, and
Jaren soon learned how to open it. So I don't know if you can
quite tell but there was oil all over our kitchen floor, it was pretty
nasty to clean up.



A family hike up by Mount Cootha. It ended up not
being as stroller friendly as we thought and I was
still pretty sore from recovering so poor Varian
ended up carrying both the babies up the big hill.




I walked into the kitchen on our anniversary and saw these
flowers from Varian. He had hid them in the garage over the
weekend so that he could surprise me Monday morning with them.
This was our 3rd year anniversary. (3 years, 2 kids - not too shabby).
I made us a nice dinner that night and we later on went to a yummy
African restaurant. Random, but a fun experience.




I never let Jaren sleep in his swing, but I found myself often using it with Reid.
He just loved to be snuggled ALL the time, and balancing in taking care of him
and Jaren and the house and preparing to move, he did get some extra swing time.



The only down side was Jaren often liked to come and play with sleeping-swing Reid.
So I don't think I mentioned it before but Reid was born with adorable little elf ears,
particularly his left ear. I have a heart shaped uterus so my poor babies are always
squashed on one side (at times when I'm pregnant you can tell I totally look lopsided).
So perhaps because of that or just because, his ear was squished down and looked
like a little Legolas ear for a few months. I remember being worried about it when
he was born, but then I grew fond of how cute he looked and was a little sad to see
it go away on it's own. But for boys who don't have the hair cover like a girl- it
was probably for the best that his ears didn't stay looking like an elf.



I found the boys got along really well, other than Jaren
was just still so little and still so rough. I think Reid was
probably six months old before I could leave the room
if Jaren was in there with him. He just wanted to wrestle
all the time with his little newborn brother and I had
to be constantly vigilant to keep Reid from getting
squashed, or rolled on or sat on. Even then, he still got
a few bonks, poor kid. But they are so cute together and
I think they've been a really good influence on each other.
Jaren loves having someone to play with and it's been good
for him to learn to be more gentle. Reid is such a little
tender-heartand I think Jaren has definitely helped him
come out of his shell and be more social and adventurous.
They are so wonderful, I love them dearly!




This lovely group of women (Families for Families I believe is
what they were called but I can't find their facebook page anymore.
They may have disbanded after all the flood disaster was over)
donated piles and piles of baby supplies, clothes, furniture...etc.
to help us after the floods. They even showed up nearly a year
later and brought us piles of Christmas presents to help us. They
were amazing! This adorable little chair and piano were just some
of so many of their wonderful donations. Oh my heart goes out to
them and all those that helped us during that crazy time! (If it
wasn't for that the poor kid would only have cardboard boxes
to play in. :) )



I am somewhat reticent to include this in my blog, but I think
I'll appreciate having it in my history when I look back on my
days in our Windsor House. It was a great place for us to live
after we lost our home and I'm so thankful for it. One challenging
part of the house however was it's itty-bitty kitchen. It was so
small with minimal preparation space and no dishwasher so it
seemed like it was always cluttered with dirty or clean dishes.
(Oh I'm a new woman with a dishwasher! I will never willingly
go back, it saves me so much time every day!)



Anyway, so I thought I would include some pictures of our
post cooking kitchen chaos for a family party, and then the
after shots.Luckily our guests couldn't see it from our dining
table (which with a kitchen that small was in our living room).
I can't remember why there were newspapers all over the floor
(had Jaren gotten into the recycling?) but he would sit in there
and "play" under our feet as we'd cook to add to the confusion
and limited space. :)



So I realize this has been a long post of random moments
but I wanted to get the whole month in to help with my
progress in getting caught up. Let me just end with this
photo of me snuggling baby Reid. Oh how I loved having
a new baby. My heart felt so full.



No comments: