April 12, 2012

Say Cheese! (Jan 2011)



Since the Aston family was all together in one place for the first time in many years, we decided to take family photos.Varian's sister Lani has her own photo business (Alana Aston Photography) and did an amazing job. To see more of her work go to her website HERE. This proved to be a bit challenging as the first 5-10 minutes into the shoot it started downpouring rain. So much for getting your hair all done and ready. Hence the wet spots and more straggly hair in some of the shots. The shot below is one of the only group ones we got before the rain drenched us all.

 

We took a few of our family back at the house while we waited for the rain to stop. 

 
Here are some of Claire and Brandon's family and Chad and Felicity's family waiting out the rain as well.


Then we were back outside for another shot at big group family photos. I have to state right from the start to remember that I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant in these shots. I wish I would have chosen a different shirt to wear because I don't look pregnant enough to look cute pregnant, I just look a bit chubby. But that's not chub - that's my badge of motherhood!


Here's a beautiful shot of the Aston siblings (minus the in-laws). And then the grandparent shots.


I was so paranoid about Jaren spitting up during the photo shoot and was so precautious and then right at the end it was our turn for family shots and he spewed all over me. So hence the big wet spot all down my shoulder/arm. Sigh. And even worse I forgot that I had tucked the bib into my pants pocket which looks ridiculous. Very disappointing. I need to get/learn how to use photo shop!

 
   
 

Here are some of the darling shots of Jaren that we took. Some are similar but I couldn't narrow it down, they were each so adorable! I just love his huge open mouth smiles. What a delight! He does have the faint sign of a bruise on his head - he was very much in the falling stage. Again one day photo shop will take that right out. :)

   
 

Here are some of the other solo/family/group shots that were taken that day. I wish we would have gotten one with all the siblings and spouses but with all the kids it was a bit hectic and people started leaving early. We're also missing Mya in the girl shot, and didn't get a complete boy shot. Tsk. Next time. But I love all the photos and Lani did such a lovely job!!!



1 comment:

Meg said...

Super cute family photos!