September 19, 2011

Green Acres is the Place to Be! (July '10)


It may be bad writing etiquette to start off with a tangent, but as a tangent - when we lived in Windsor after the floods I discovered old reruns of the TV show Green Acres that would come on around lunch time. And since our dining room and living room were essentially the same room, I would often put them on as we ate.  I had never seen them before but often would sing the opening line when I told people I taught at Green Acres.

BUT this post is not about the TV show - it's about my lovely Green Acres friends that I was able to get together with for a BBQ last summer at Kristin Teller's house. Oh how I love all of them and loved working with such great people. I still have teaching dreams where I'm back working with Kristin and John and the rest of the gang. It was so great getting together the last 2 summers that I was home. I'm sorry I couldn't be there this year, but look forward to seeing you all again next summer!!!








Also just to include in this post - my sweet friend Kristin who threw the above party also hand knitted this beautiful sweater, hat and booties for Jaren. They're so cute on him and have been so nice through the Australian winters. Look how happy he looks at getting his new present.

  

No comments: